Thursday, May 9, 2013

Causes of Belly Fat - Could it Be Hormones?


There are a number of things that can actually cause belly fat. A lot of times we get so caught up in our worlds that we never stop to think about that side of the equation. Whenever we are promised quick results or an easy road to follow that gets our attention.

It's off to the latest diet fad or product...I'd eat just about anything if you told me that it would make my stomach flat!! Unfortunately I am one of those very impressionable people who doesn't probably question enough in life! After I try each one somehow I'm amazed to see that if they made any change in my appearance...it was temporary!

As I have gotten older I have blamed any number of things on my hormones....in a bad mood , "hormones", can't remember my name, "hormones", being mean , "obviously hormones!". It just took a long time for the connection between what my body was going through and the weight around my middle to make sense.

As we age our hormones decide that they no longer want to play by the rules. They are referred to as "raging hormones" for a reason. Your problems may not be bothersome....some of you get really lucky. But as I have discovered, the change in hormone levels can be one of the major causes of belly fat.

There are a number of ways to address what happens to your hormone levels. A doctor is the best source of guidance on this. But think for a minute, if you've already consulted with yours. Are you being given replacements? Are you being given "happy pills" to help you through this time? It could be that what is going on is your symptoms are being addressed, but not the problem.

If this is the case, then you won't see any change in this causing your belly fat. Most of these products just mimic what was going on before. To make a lasting change you need to understand what is happening to your hormone levels and what will deal with that.

There are a number of products out there all claiming to be the answer. Just walk down any drugstore isle and be totally overwhelmed. This testimonial got my attention, I guess because it seemed like she was living in my body.

"I Thought I Had Tried It All!"

"The hot flashes were making me miserable, not to mention the fatigue and weight gain. I really thought I had tried everything including hormone replacement therapy and natural supplements...but I had no idea what I was doing. After working with Dr. Lucille's principles, I felt like I was informed and empowered and had control over my life again. I feel excellent, and I thank her so much for teaching me about who I am and how I can be well!"-Bernadette P.

No comments:

Post a Comment