Friday, August 2, 2013

Female Hormones and Depression


It all started when I felt like something might be wrong with me, I was feeling tired, no energy, I would wake up early in the morning, and give out by mid-day. It was obvious by the way my clothes were fitting, that I was putting on a few pounds, I seem to be irritated by everything, and everyone around me. I couldn't focus for any length of time, and panic was setting in over the fact that I couldn't seem to remember anything.

Sometimes women think that they are just overwhelmed because of the daily list of "things to do", it's only when I started to research several of the symptoms that I was having, that I discovered, it was a much deeper issue that I was dealing with.

Experts believe that the increased chance of depression in women may be related to changes in hormone levels that occur throughout a woman's life.

It all starts when females go through puberty, and it is a world wind of emotions from that point on, then we go through PMS, pregnancy, mid-life changes and many other things, that can affect our emotions due to these hormone changes.

Now that I had this information what was I suppose to do with it? How was I going to get better without taking medication? What I learned was empowering and I share my story in a blog that you are welcome to read if you want to know about my personal battle with depression and the ways I found to treat myself naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment